Study for the implementation of a BID
The town council of Sant Sadurní d'Anoia is taking the first step to deploy the instrument
The city council of Sant Sadurní d'Anoia wants to carry out a study to assess the suitability of implementing an area of urban economic promotion (APEU).
This instrument (regulated by Law 15/2020, of 22 December) consists of a well-defined geographical area where business activities and the local administration agree to promote and revitalize the area based on a action plan that must be adapted to the purposes of general interest. These areas must be managed by private, non-profit management entities with their own legal personality, made up of the holders of the property rights of the premises (tenants or owners) where a business activity is carried out or of the empty premises susceptible to to exercise it.
Given the uncertainty and complexity of undertaking a project of this nature, the city of Sant Sadurní with the help of the Office of support for the commercial fabric of the Department of Commerce of the Diputació de Barcelona aims to analyze the complexity of the municipality, its territory and the different agents that make up the commercial fabric in order to make the right decisions and initiatives.
To this end, the methodological process to be followed is as follows:
- Analysis of the socio-demographic composition of the municipality and the territory
- Analysis of the commercial fabric and the main engines of attractiveness
- Trade balance between supply and demand
- Feasibility study that determines the break-even point so that the APEU is feasible. In this sense, the minimum of premises and the minimum quota to be faced will be established in order to be sustainable.
- Dialogue with agents and economic actors of the municipality.
- Action plan that considers both the feasibility and the unfeasibility scenario.
However, this project will establish the bases in order to make decisions and continue advancing in the improvement and modernization of the commercial sector of the municipality.
Order made for:
Diputació de Barcelona + Ajuntament de Sant Sadurní d'Anoia
Copyright © 2020 J3B3 Economics. All rights reserved.